Lake School is applying for a quality rating through the state’s Colorado Shines program, a new quality rating system for preschools and childcare centers. Providing the highest quality of care to children and their families is important to us. Colorado Shines will be sending a parent survey later in the year. We hope you take the time to fill it out and help us achieve the high rating we strive for.
More information about Colorado Shines and QRIS can be found at: http://coloradoshines.force.com/ColoradoShines/home.
Did You Know Lake School…
- Offers parent teacher conferences twice a year or more upon request
- Offers & hosts parenting classes on site each year
- Has a parent resource table available in the front hall & a lending library in front office
- Welcomes your feedback throughout the year
- Comment box located on parent resource table
- Surveys at the beginning and end of the year
- Helps support children's transition through family visits and school visits at the beginning and end of the year
- Encourages parent involvement in the classroom and on committees such as Early Child Council, Site Accountability Advisory Council, School Board Meetings, Parent Teacher Association, Literacy/Math Nights, Family Visits, Holiday Parties, Programs and more!
- Can help provide other family resources such as
- Offers lunch and learns throughout the year on different topics for parents
- December 8th -11:30-12:30 Topic: Nutrition - Presenter: Nutritionist Kristin Osborn
We thank your for a great start to the 2016/2017 school year and look forward to watching your children learn and grow. Please look for information and upcoming events in our monthly Colt Chronicle and teacher weekly newsletters. Remember every Wednesday is Spirit Day, wear red and black. We also invite you to join us on the first Wednesday of each month for our Colt Corral at 2:50 in the Gym.
Lake School Staff